Show Safety and Rules
Safety & Security
- The Secretary’s tent at the entrance to the event field is the main point of contact for any emergency, lost children and lost property.
- Beware of moving vehicles at the entrance and in the car parks. Please take care when crossing the road from the free car park.
- Smoking is not permitted in any tent or marquee.
- If a fire is discovered raise the alarm and dial 999 (SN4 0DR). The fire service should be advised not to use sirens on arrival at the showground.
- Please do not obstruct any exits or the marked Emergency Vehicle Safety routes.
- First Aid cover is provided by Access.
Please note, due to space, ONLY ONE SUPPORT VEHICLE PER HORSE BOX will be permitted in the Horse Box parking area. There is plenty of room in the FREE CAR PARKING AREA for further vehicles.
Wanborough Horse Show Rules
- Neither the Landowners, show organisers or helpers accept any liability for any loss, or damage or accident to spectators, competitors, or their animals, belongings, vehicles or trailers howsoever caused.
- Hard hats to the approved standard must be worn and correctly fastened at all times when mounted.
- Misuse of whips or bad language will lead to disqualification.
- Winners of perpetual trophies will be required to sign a trophy form on the day and pay a £10 deposit. Deposit will be repaid once the trophy has been returned in good and clean condition.
- Every effort will be made to allow competitors to enter as many classes as they wish but it is the competitors responsibility to ensure they are able to get to each class they have entered. It will be the judges discretion to allow a late competitor to enter the ring. No refund can be given in the event of an earlier class over running.
- Advanced entry fees will only be refunded if the event is cancelled. A Veterinary or doctor certificate will be required should a horse or rider be unfit to compete.
- The show organisers reserve the right to alter any class to suit the conditions of the day including limiting entries in any class if necessary.
- Cantering and trotting is only allowed in the designated warm up area. No galloping is allowing any where on the show ground.
- A Horse/Pony may only be ridden once in each class.
- We work on the premise that the judges decision is final. Any objections must be made to the Secretary within 30 minutes of event, together with £10 refundable at the discretion of committee.
- All competitors take part at their own risk.
Each class will award rosettes to 6th place, plus a keepsake trophy. Many classes also carry a returnable perpetual trophy and some have prizes. We will be awarding a Leading Rider Trophy and rosette to the rider who gains the most points in jumping, showing and dressage classes throughout the day. It may not be possible to announce this on the day, in which case they will be contacted soon after.